- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/3 cups lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
- calories 352
- fat 15.5 g
- satfat 3.9 g
- monofat 7.2 g
- polyfat 2.3 g
- protein 32.9 g
- carbohydrate 36.3 g
- fiber 3.2 g
- cholesterol 119 mg
- iron 2.4 mg
- sodium 596 mg
- calcium 128 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 4 chicken thighs to pan; cook for 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with 2 teaspoons olive oil and remaining chicken.
Add the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add bell peppers, 1 cup onion, celery, rosemary, minced garlic, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms; cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in marinara sauce; cook 1 minute.
Spread vegetable mixture in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Arrange chicken on top of the vegetable mixture. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into chicken registers 160°. Sprinkle with cheese.