This Chicken Cacciatore recipe will easily become a family favorite! Serve with egg noodles and a side of broccoli for a complete meal.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 382
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 300mg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (3 lb.) chicken, cut into 8 pieces, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 ounces white button mushrooms, each cut in half
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over chicken. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides (in batches, if necessary), 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a slow cooker. Discard all but 1 Tbsp. fat from skillet.
- Add mushrooms, onions and rosemary to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes longer, until mushrooms have released their juices and onions have softened and are translucent.
- Pour wine into skillet and cook, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until wine is slightly reduced, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir tomatoes into mushroom mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Pour wine mixture over chicken in slow cooker, cover and cook on low heat until chicken is tender and juices run clear when pierced in the thickest part with a knife, about 4 hours.
- Skim and discard any grease from surface. Remove chicken from pot and arrange on a platter. Spoon sauce over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note