Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 10 minutes. A 26-ounce jar of pasta sauce contains about 3 cups. If you've got pasta sauce left over, keep it refrigerated in the jar, and use it in another recipe.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 299
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 30.6g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 775mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 1 cup frozen pepper stir-fry, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 cups chunky pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Place frozen peppers in a colander, and rinse with cold water 30 seconds; drain well.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, and Creole seasoning; sauté 4 minutes or until chicken is browned and onion is tender. Add peppers, pasta sauce, and water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Combine rice and chicken mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note