More From Southern Living
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (32-oz.) can tomato juice
- 1 (16-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 extra-large chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 head cabbage (about 2 lb.), shredded
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Sauté onion and celery in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Stir in wine, next 4 ingredients, and 4 cups water; bring to a boil.
- 2. Stir in cabbage. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes. Add chicken, salt, and pepper. Simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note