- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (32-oz.) can tomato juice
- 1 (16-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 extra-large chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 head cabbage (about 2 lb.), shredded
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
Sauté onion and celery in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Stir in wine, next 4 ingredients, and 4 cups water; bring to a boil.
Stir in cabbage. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes. Add chicken, salt, and pepper. Simmer, covered, 15 minutes.