- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups cored and chopped napa cabbage (about 1/4 small head)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped, white and green parts separated (about 1 cup total)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked boneless, skinless chicken, from a rotisserie bird (about 8 oz.)
- calories 630
- fat 26 g
- satfat 3 g
- protein 34 g
- carbohydrate 64 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 218 mg
- sodium 565 mg
How to Make It
Warm 2 Tbsp. oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until oil is shimmering. Add cabbage, onion and white parts of scallions and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add ginger and garlic to skillet, toss to combine with cabbage mixture and stir-fry for an additional 15 to 20 seconds. Transfer to a wide, shallow bowl or plate.
Warm remaining 3 Tbsp. oil in same skillet. Add rice, mix to coat with oil and spread out in pan (but don't press flat). Let rice cook undisturbed for 2 minutes, then stir. Let cook undisturbed 1 minute longer, then push to edges of pan. Add eggs to center of pan and stir to scramble. Break eggs into pieces and stir into rice.
Drizzle soy sauce over rice, add chicken and stir to combine well. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer to warm through. Stir in cabbage mixture and half of scallion greens and continue cooking and stirring until warmed through, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with remaining scallion greens and serve.