The shallots and blue cheese make it tasty but otherwise a little plain.
Chicken Burgers with Caramelized Shallots and Blue Cheese
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Kevin Crafts
Cheeseburgers get a makeover with ground chicken and gourmet toppings. They're even better served with a cold beer.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 484
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Protein: 28g
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 6.2g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 842mg
- Cholesterol: 108mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a frying pan. Add shallots and cook, stirring often, until softened and browned, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine chicken, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Form mixture into 4 patties. Add remaining 1 tbsp. oil to same pan and cook patties, turning once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Place a lettuce leaf on bottom half of each bun and top with a patty. Top patties with shallots. Mix mayonnaise with blue cheese, spread on bun tops, and set on patties.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per burger.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This