This is a great recipe! I think the cheese seasoned the meal enough (in my opinion). I would definitely make this dish again!
Chicken and Broccoli Rice Bowl
The whole family will love this cheesy chicken and broccoli rice dish. Don't leave out the almonds—they add flavor and crunch to this one-dish meal. Serve with cremini mushrooms sauteed in butter and white wine and seasoned with fresh thyme.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 22 Minutes
- Calories: 366
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 28.9g
- Carbohydrate: 33.7g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 688mg
- Calcium: 229mg
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 (8.8-ounce) pouch precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 ounces light processed cheese (such as Velveeta Light), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Sauteed Butter-Thyme Mushrooms
- 1. Steam broccoli 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Heat rice according to directions.
- 3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes or until done, stirring occasionally. Add onions and cheese, stirring until cheese begins to melt. Stir in rice; fold in broccoli. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note