This was a good recipe. Mine was a little different as I made my own cheese sauce the night before. I turned out well. Much better the next day. I will probably make this again.
Chicken and Broccoli Rice Bowl
The whole family will love this cheesy chicken and broccoli rice dish. Don't leave out the almonds--they add flavor and crunch to this one-dish meal. Serve with cremini mushrooms sauteed in butter and white wine and seasoned with fresh thyme.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 22 Minutes
- Calories: 366
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 28.9g
- Carbohydrate: 33.7g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 688mg
- Calcium: 229mg
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 (8.8-ounce) pouch precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 ounces light processed cheese (such as Velveeta Light), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Sauteed Butter-Thyme Mushrooms
- 1. Steam broccoli 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Heat rice according to directions.
- 3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes or until done, stirring occasionally. Add onions and cheese, stirring until cheese begins to melt. Stir in rice; fold in broccoli. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note