My family loved it. I substituted Chardonnay for Sherry.
Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
For crisper broccoli, remove it from the boiling water after three minutes. Serve with a simple green salad.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 276
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 31.1g
- Carbohydrate: 18.9g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 696mg
- Calcium: 365mg
- 3 quarts water
- 1 (12-ounce) package broccoli florets
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed 30% reduced-sodium 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bring water to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, and cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer broccoli to a large bowl with a slotted spoon. Add chicken to boiling water; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until done. Transfer chicken to a cutting board; cool slightly. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, and add chicken to bowl with broccoli.
- Combine evaporated milk, flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a saucepan, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add mayonnaise, next 4 ingredients (through soup), and 1/2 cup cheese, stirring until well combined. Add mayonnaise mixture to broccoli mixture; stir gently until combined.
- Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until mixture bubbles at the edges and cheese begins to brown. Remove from oven; let cool on a wire rack 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles