- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen broccoli spears
- 4 chicken breast halves, cooked, skinned, and boned
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of curry powder
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed buttery round crackers
How to Make It
Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well. Place chicken in a 10- x 6- x 2- inch baking dish; arrange broccoli over chicken. Set aside.
Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add chicken broth and whipping cream; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and curry powder. Pour sauce over broccoli. Sprinkle with cheese; cover with cracker crumbs.
Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve hot.