- 1/2 of a 1-pound package linguine
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli flowerets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free, 25% Less Sodium or Healthy Request®)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
How to Make It
Prepare the linguine according to the package directions in a 3-quart saucepan. Add the broccoli during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain the linguine mixture well in a colander.
Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's well browned, stirring often.
Stir the soup, milk, cheese, black pepper and linguine mixture in the skillet. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling, stirring occasionally. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
Tip: You can substitute spaghetti or fettuccine for the linguine in this recipe.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a mixed green salad topped with orange sections, walnut pieces and raspberry vinaigrette. For dessert serve almond biscotti.
Cost per recipe: $ Cost per recipe serving: $ Total cost of meal (including serving suggestion): $ Cost calculations based on July 2008 national average prices