Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Velvet Chicken
- 1 Large Egg White Velvet Chicken
- 1 tablespoon(s) Cornstarch Velvet Chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Salt Velvet Chicken
- 2 tablespoon(s) Oyster Sauce Sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) Light Soy Sauce Sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dark Soy Sauce Sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) Water Sauce
- 1 pound(s) Broccoli Broccoli Prep
- 1/2 cup(s) Water Broccoli Prep
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Salt Broccoli Prep
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Sugar Broccoli Prep
- 2 clove(s) Garlic Other
- 1 teaspoon(s) Cornstarch Other
- 1/2 cup(s) Peanut Oil Frying
- 1. Cut the chicken into 3/4 to 1-inch cubes. In a bowl, mix together the egg white, cornstarch and salt. Add the egg white mixture to the chicken cubes, tossing or using your fingers to coat the chicken in the mixture. Marinate the velveted chicken in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 2. While the chicken is marinating, prepare the sauce and vegetables: for the sauce, mix together the oyster sauce, light soy, dark soy, and water in a small bowl and set aside. In another small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water thickener and set aside. Wash and drain the broccoli. Cut the stalk diagonally into thin slices. Cut the flowerets into 3 or 4 pieces. Crush the garlic.
- 3. Preheat a wok. Heat 2 cups oil in the wok until it reaches 275 degrees Fahrenheit. (Test the heat by placing a piece of chicken in the wok - it should float). Add the chicken cubes, and let cook until they just turn white (about 30 seconds), using a wooden spoon or chopsticks to gently separate them. Quickly remove the chicken cubes from the wok as soon as they turn white, and drain in a colander or on paper towels.
- 4. Drain the oil out of the wok or preheat a second wok on medium high to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the crushed garlic and stir fry for 10 seconds.
- 5. Add the broccoli, sprinkle the salt and sugar over, and stir fry briefly, turning down the heat if necessary to make sure it doesn't burn. Add the 1/2 cup water, and cook the broccoli, covered, for 4 - 5 minutes, until it turns a bright green and is tender but still crisp. Remove from the wok and drain.
- 6. Clean out the wok and heat 2 more tablespoons oil. Add the broccoli and the velveted chicken, stirring and tossing to cook the chicken through. Add the sauce and cornstarch mixture in the middle of the wok and stir quickly to thicken. Mix everything together and serve hot over steamed rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by brightwood93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Broccoli Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes