Chicken Breasts with Tarragon-Caper Sauce
It takes careful preparation to keep the skinless, boneless chicken breasts moist. Cook only until the breast feels firm when pressed in the thick center area.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 40.5g
- Carbohydrate: 2.5g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 675mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan.
- Add shallots to pan; sauté 1 minute or until tender. Combine broth and cornstarch, stirring with a whisk. Add broth mixture, capers, juice, and tarragon to pan. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 3 minutes), stirring frequently. Serve sauce over the chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note