Nothing great. Won't make it again.
Chicken Breasts with Peppers
Yield: 4 Servings
Cost per Serving: $1.56
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 385
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 42g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Sodium: 541mg
- 4 6-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 7-oz. jar roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of parchment paper and pound to an even 1/2-inch thickness. Sprinkle with salt. Coat chicken on both sides with flour; shake off excess.
- Warm 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until golden on both sides and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate; cover.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet. Sauté garlic until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add peppers and sauté for 1 minute. Add broth, vinegar and sugar; bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits from pan. Reduce heat; simmer until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes. Remove pan from heat; stir in butter and parsley until butter melts. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note