I added a splash of balsamic vinegar to the salsa...wonderful!
Chicken Breasts with Gorgonzola-Tomato Salsa
Combine the ingredients for the salsa--except the cheese--up to a few hours before dinner, and store at room temperature; pound the chicken ahead of time, and keep chilled.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 178
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 27.2g
- Carbohydrate: 3.5g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 426mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Combine tomato, onion, basil, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Let stand at room temperature.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound each piece to 1-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 3 chicken breast halves to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is browned and done. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 3 chicken breast halves.
- Stir cheese into tomato mixture. Place 1 chicken breast half on each of 6 plates; top each serving with about 1/3 cup salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes