Chicken Breasts with Avocado Salsa
This warm avocado salsa is also delicious when served over grilled or seared fish.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast and 1/4 cup salsa mixture)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 177
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.0g
- Protein: 27.0g
- Carbohydrate: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 357mg
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup bottled chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup diced peeled ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine first 3 ingredients; sprinkle over both sides of chicken.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes. Turn chicken, and add salsa to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 7 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Transfer chicken onto individual serving plates. Stir avocado and cilantro into salsa in pan; cook just until thoroughly heated. Spoon salsa mixture over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This