Chicken Breasts Tarragon
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless/boneless
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Flour for dredging
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Sherry wine
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) tarragon
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) whipping cream
- 1. Pound chicken breasts thin and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour, reserving remaining flour (< 1/4 cup) for recipe.
- 2. Heat 3 tbl butter in large skillet on med-high heat and brown chicken on both sides; transfer to covered dish.
- 3. Add shallots to the remaining butter and saute
- 4. Add wine and cook liquid over hight heat until almost evaporated; scrape loose all browned particles
- 5. Add reserved flour and stir to make a thick paste; sprinkle with tarragon and then stir in chicken broth
- 6. Return the chicken to the skillet; cover and cook until tender (about 25 - 30 minutes)
- 7. Transfer chicken to a serving dish. Add the remaining butter and cream to the skillet and stir until well blended; place on top of chicken and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ckvet1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note