Chicken Breasts Tarragon
Community Recipe from
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless/boneless
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Flour for dredging
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Sherry wine
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) tarragon
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) whipping cream
- 1. Pound chicken breasts thin and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour, reserving remaining flour (< 1/4 cup) for recipe.
- 2. Heat 3 tbl butter in large skillet on med-high heat and brown chicken on both sides; transfer to covered dish.
- 3. Add shallots to the remaining butter and saute
- 4. Add wine and cook liquid over hight heat until almost evaporated; scrape loose all browned particles
- 5. Add reserved flour and stir to make a thick paste; sprinkle with tarragon and then stir in chicken broth
- 6. Return the chicken to the skillet; cover and cook until tender (about 25 - 30 minutes)
- 7. Transfer chicken to a serving dish. Add the remaining butter and cream to the skillet and stir until well blended; place on top of chicken and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ckvet1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes