This is a wonderful recipe! I've made it as instructed and at times when I'm short on time, I've even stuffed the chicken with boursin cheese or aloutte garlic and herb cheese. Same delicious result, but in a shorter time frame!
Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Garlic and Herbed Goat Cheese
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 238
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 37.3g
- Carbohydrate: 1.9g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 292mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- 1 whole garlic head
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) goat cheese with herbs, softened
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate the cloves). Wrap head in foil. Bake at 350° for 1 hour; cool 10 minutes. Separate cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins. Combine garlic pulp and cheese, stirring well; set aside.
- Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff about 4 teaspoons cheese mixture into each pocket. Sprinkle chicken evenly on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn chicken over. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°; let stand 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Garlic and Herbed Goat Cheese Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This