Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms and Asparagus
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Buffy Hargett Miller
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 2 teaspoons Sicilian crushed red pepper-and-garlic seasoning (such as McCormick Perfect Pinch)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 green onions (optional)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh dill leaves or chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 French bread loaf slices, toasted
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or meat mallet. Sprinkle with seasoning and salt.
- 2. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes. Add green onions to grill (if desired), and grill chicken and onions 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is browned and done.
- 3. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cook asparagus and next 2 ingredients in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Add capers and lemon juice; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet. Remove from heat; stir in dill and butter, stirring until butter melts.
- 4. Place chicken and onions on bread, and top with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes