Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms and Asparagus
Toasted bread is the perfect starch to sop up the tasty pan sauce from Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms and Asparagus.
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 2 teaspoons Sicilian crushed red pepper-and-garlic seasoning (such as McCormick Perfect Pinch)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 green onions (optional)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh dill leaves or chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 French bread loaf slices, toasted
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or meat mallet. Sprinkle with seasoning and salt.
- 2. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes. Add green onions to grill (if desired), and grill chicken and onions 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is browned and done.
- 3. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cook asparagus and next 2 ingredients in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Add capers and lemon juice; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet. Remove from heat; stir in dill and butter, stirring until butter melts.
- 4. Place chicken and onions on bread, and top with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note