Chicken Breasts with Almonds
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, and sauté 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown. Add wine; cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. Stir in soup and cream, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes. Pour mushroom mixture over chicken.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds and chopped parsley. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This