- 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, and sauté 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown. Add wine; cook, stirring often, 2 minutes. Stir in soup and cream, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes. Pour mushroom mixture over chicken.
Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds and chopped parsley. Serve over hot cooked rice.