Chicken Breast With Shaved Brussels Sprouts
Broccoli and Brussels sprouts are loaded with cancer-preventing phytonutrients, and this supercharged dinner of Chicken Breast With Shaved Brussels Sprouts provides real nutritional punch. This one-dish meal is super lean and also packs potassium--which helps to keep your blood pressure down.
More From Health
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 309
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 409mg
- Calcium: 141mg
- 2 (8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 broccoli stems
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced Brussels sprouts (from 12 medium)
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- 1. Place chicken and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Immediately remove from heat, cover, and let stand 15 minutes. Drain chicken and run under cold water. Cool completely; set aside. Using 2 forks, shred into bite-size pieces; reserve.
- 2. Meanwhile, use a vegetable peeler to remove outer layer of broccoli stems; discard. Continue peeling stems into long strips. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add broccoli strips, Brussels sprouts, celery, hazelnuts, parsley, and reserved chicken to bowl with dressing; toss. Divide among 4 shallow bowls. Top with cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note