I made this last night and it was very good. We used bacon instead of the pancetta and cream cheese instead of marscarapone since that's what we had on hand. Overall it took about 45 min from start to finish. I threw the peas in frozen since it finished for a few minutes after and they were cooked all the way through by the time we ate.
Chicken Breast with Pancetta Cream and Peas
Photo: Jennifer Causey; Styling: Ginny Branch
You can substitute bacon for pancetta, and cream cheese for mascarpone.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 breast half and about 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Total: 37 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 387
- Fat: 17.9g
- Saturated fat: 6.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 42g
- Carbohydrate: 7.7g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 134mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 630mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove garlic from pan using a slotted spoon; reserve garlic. Increase heat to medium-high. Add pancetta; sauté 4 minutes or until crisp. Remove pancetta from pan using a slotted spoon; reserve pancetta.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; sauté 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan. Add wine; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until the liquid almost evaporates (about 3 minutes). Return chicken to pan. Add stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook for 6 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan.
- 3. Add mascarpone to pan, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Combine water and flour, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes; stir in pancetta, garlic, and peas. Cook 1 minute. Serve sauce over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This