I thought this was delicious. I found it a little salty but I think that was my fault for using salt butter and salted chicken broth. somthing that is easily fixed. I served it with asparagus and a green salad with tomato, cucumber and mushroom. Worthy of a company dinner.
Chicken Breast Cutlets in Lemon Sauce with Proscuitto and Sage
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Chicken Cutlets
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds), rinsed and dried thoroughly
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 T vegetable oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic , sliced thin
- 15 fresh sage leaves
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken stock or low-sodium canned chicken broth
- 3 T unsalted butter , softened
- 1 slice prosciutto (1/4-inch thick, about 1 1/2 ounces), diced fine
- For the Chicken Cutlets:
- 1. Generously season both sides of each breast with salt and pepper and dredge one at a time in flour placed in a shallow dish; shake gently to remove excess flour and set aside. Heat butter and vegetable oil in 12-inch heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat, swirling to melt butter. When foam subsides and butter begins to color, place cutlets in skillet, skinned side up. Reduce heat to medium-high and saute without moving until nicely browned, about 4 minutes. Turn cutlets over and cook on other side until meat feels firm when pressed and clotted juices begin to emerge around tenderloin, 3 to 4 minutes. Leaving fat in skillet, transfer cutlets to plate, cover loosely with foil, and keep warm in 200-degree oven while preparing the sauce.
- For the Sauce:
- 2. Set skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sage leaves; saute until garlic is fragrant and sage crisps, 1 to 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and bring to boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet with wooden spoon. Add chicken stock, increase heat to medium-high and bring to boil, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 8 minutes. Off heat, swirl in butter, and add prosciutto. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon sauce over cutlets; serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Margiek and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Breast Cutlets in Lemon Sauce with Proscuitto and Sage Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes