Chicken braised with red wine vinegar and tomatoes
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 2 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken thighs each cut into 4 even pieces
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 small onion halved and thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 14 ounce(s) can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) lower salt chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1. Put the flour, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a 1 gallon plastic ziplock bag. Close and shake to combine. Add chicken to the bag and coat with flour mixture.
- 2. Heat 2 T oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat until shimmering hot. Add half of the chicken in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until golden, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a large bowl. Add the remaining 1 T oil to the pan and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- 3. Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 2 mintues. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds more. Stir in the tomatoes and bay leaf, raise the heat to high, and cook until the tomatoes begin to break down, about 2 minutes. Add the vinegar and boil vigoroursly until almost evaporated, about 30 seconds. Return the chicken and any accumulated juice to the pan, along wth the chicken broth, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper, stirring well to combine. Bring to a boil; then reduce the heat to maintain a simmer. Cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes. Stir in the parsley, cover, and cook for 1 minute more. Season to taste with salt. Remove the bay leaf and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dmradcliffe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken braised with red wine vinegar and tomatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes