Made this last night, minus the celery. Family loved it! I added a little cayenne and black pepper to my bowl but wife and daughter ate without seasonings. Everyone had seconds lol.
Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta
This creamy bow tie pasta recipe combines chicken, cream of mushroom soup, and cheese for a satisfying main dish. Cooking the pasta in the same water that the chicken was cooked in gives the noodles extra flavor —and using just one pot makes for easy cleanup.
More From Southern Living
- 1 quart water
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 celery rib, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8-ounce) package pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Bring 1 quart salted water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add chicken, and cook 12 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from water with a slotted spoon. Add pasta to water in Dutch oven, and cook 10 minutes or until tender; drain. Keep warm.
- Heat 1/4 cup broth over medium-high heat in a Dutch oven; add celery and onion, and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken, soup, cheese, and remaining 3/4 cup chicken broth, stirring until cheese is melted. Toss with pasta; garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note