used chicken thighs and added cubed baby red potatoes (needed to use them up), and baby portobello mushrooms. turned out very tasty
Chicken and Bok Choy Stir-Fry
This simple chicken and bok choy stir-fry is a colorful and nutritious Asian-inspired meal. Seve with steamed white rice.
More From Real Simple
Other: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 268
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Sugars: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Sodium: 837mg
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- This recipe goes with Perfectly Cooked White Rice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 heads baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup store-bought barbecue sauce
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add the bok choy and 1/4 cup water to the skillet. Cover and cook until the bok choy is just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, barbecue sauce, and scallions. Add to the skillet and bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet and cook, tossing, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note