- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon gochujang (Korean red chile paste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup shallots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white miso or doenjang (Korean soybean paste)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 pound firm water-packed tofu, cubed
- 3 baby bok choy (about 6 ounces), halved
- 4 ounces thin brown rice noodles (mai fun)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut daikon radish
- 6 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons sliced serrano or jalapeño pepper
- calories 302
- fat 9.3 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- sodium 488 mg
How to Make It
Rub chicken thighs with the gochujang and sugar; grill over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side. Let stand 10 minutes; cut into large dice.
Bring stock, 1 1/2 cups water, and next 4 ingredients (through fish sauce) to a boil in a Dutch oven. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Add tofu and bok choy; reduce heat to low.
Prepare noodles according to package directions. Add noodles to pan; cook 4 minutes or until heated. Divide soup among 6 bowls; top with diced chicken, mushrooms, radish, onions, and serrano.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.