This is one of my family's favorite summer recipes. It is light and refreshing. I make it as listed.
Serve a delicious one-dish chicken recipe that features fruit, greens, and savory grilled chicken.
More From Southern Living
- Calories: 183
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 127mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients. Reserve half of mixture, and chill.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; pour remaining mixture over chicken. Cover or seal, and chill at least 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 6 minutes on each side or until done. Cut into thin slices.
- Combine celery and next 3 ingredients; add reserved dressing, tossing to coat.
- Place chicken over greens. Top with celery mixture; sprinkle with berries.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note