Chicken BLT Soup
Cuisine at Home Feb 2012
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 lb. bacon, diced
- 6 boneless chicken thighs seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 c. diced onion
- 1 c. ea. diced celery and carrots
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 6 c. chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice (14.5 oz)
- 8 c. chopped romaine
- Cook bacon in pan over md. heat utnil crisp. Reserve 2 T. drippings and sear chicken over high heat until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes; transfer chicken to slow cooker. Pulse onions, celery, carrot, and garlic in food processor until minced; saute in drippings in same saute pan over med-high heat until liquid evaporates, about 6-8 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with wine and cook until nearly evaporated, 2 min. Add broth, bring to a boil, then transfew to slow cooker. Cover slow cooker and cook chicken until fork tender on high setting for about 1 1/2 hours. Remove chicken from soup and chop. Return to soup, stir in tomatoes, and romaine. Top each serving with bacon, croutons and parmesan aloli.
- Toss 8 c. diced Italian bread with 1/4 c. olive oil, salt and pepper; cook in skillet over med heat until golden (abot 10-12 min)
- Parmesan Aioli:
- 1 c. mayo
- 1/4 c. parmesan
- 1/2 t. anchovy paste
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 t. lemon juice in mini chopper until smooth
- season with salt and pepper
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken BLT Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews