I gave this recipe 4 stars b/c of minor alterations...added salt & pepper to chicken b4 cooking and added 1/2-1 teaspoon of season salt, plus 1/2 -1 teaspoon of onion powder to adobo sour cream. I did everything else as directed; my family loved them.
Chicken and Black Bean Taquitos with Adobo Sour Cream
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 125
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 6.9g
- Carbohydrate: 15.3g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 250mg
- Calcium: 79mg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound diced skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, undrained
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Adobo Sour Cream:
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- To prepare taquitos, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, and sauté 5 minutes or until done. Place chicken in a food processor. Add cheese, beans, and green chiles; pulse 15 times or until beans are coarsely chopped.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons chicken mixture across the lower third of each tortilla; roll up. Cut each tortilla in half; secure with wooden picks. Place taquitos in a large zip-top plastic bag; freeze up to 3 months.
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Place frozen taquitos on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes; turn taquitos, and coat with cooking spray. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden.
- To prepare adobo sour cream, combine sour cream, cilantro, and chipotle chile. Stir well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken and Black Bean Taquitos with Adobo Sour Cream Recipe at a Glance