I gave this recipe 4 stars b/c of minor alterations...added salt & pepper to chicken b4 cooking and added 1/2-1 teaspoon of season salt, plus 1/2 -1 teaspoon of onion powder to adobo sour cream. I did everything else as directed; my family loved them.
Chicken and Black Bean Taquitos with Adobo Sour Cream
To save time, use a food processor to chop the raw chicken in this recipe. Be sure to clean thoroughly before using the appliance again. To make it a meal, you can serve two taquitos with a side of beans and rice.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 125
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 6.9g
- Carbohydrate: 15.3g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 250mg
- Calcium: 79mg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound diced skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, undrained
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Adobo Sour Cream:
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- To prepare taquitos, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, and sauté 5 minutes or until done. Place chicken in a food processor. Add cheese, beans, and green chiles; pulse 15 times or until beans are coarsely chopped.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons chicken mixture across the lower third of each tortilla; roll up. Cut each tortilla in half; secure with wooden picks. Place taquitos in a large zip-top plastic bag; freeze up to 3 months.
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Place frozen taquitos on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes; turn taquitos, and coat with cooking spray. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden.
- To prepare adobo sour cream, combine sour cream, cilantro, and chipotle chile. Stir well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note