- 1 pound shredded deli-roasted chicken
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4-oz.) can mild chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Toppings: guacamole, sour cream, chopped tomatoes
How to Make It
Stir together first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Divide chicken mixture among tortillas, placing mixture just below center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides of tortilla over filling, and roll up.
Fry chimichangas, in 2 batches, in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels. Serve with desired toppings.