Great, yummy, and easy. Used store shredded rotisserie chicken (great time saver). Added a tsp of chili powder by accident (instead of 1/2 tsp) and it was fine. Added some fresh cilantro to the chicken mixture. Served with medium salsa over the burrito. Definitely will make again.
Chicken and Black Bean-Stuffed Burritos
These skillet-grilled burritos come together in a flash thanks to store-bought rotisserie chicken. Keep this meal light by serving with a fresh green salad.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 353
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 30.9g
- Carbohydrate: 33.1g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 595mg
- Calcium: 137mg
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup refrigerated fresh salsa
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1. Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in shredded chicken and green onions.
- 2. Combine beans and salsa. Spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture and 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 2 burritos. Place a cast-iron or other heavy skillet on top of burritos, and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan, and repeat procedure with the remaining 2 burritos.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note