Chicken, black bean and avocado tostada bites
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) avocado peeled, pitted, diced
- 3/4 cup(s) tomatillos (3 large) husked, rinsed, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) white or yellow onions chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- 1 whole(s) jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 2-1/4 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) chipotle chile powder
- 1 can(s) black beans drained (reserve liquid)
- 48 round tortilla chips
- 12 ounce(s) grilled chicken diced
- 48 cilantro springs
- To make avocado-tomatillo salsa, in a food processor, pulse avocado, tomatillos, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice and salt to a chunky purée. In a small saucepan, heat oil and chipotle powder until it sizzles. Add black beans and 2 tablespoons reserved liquid. Mash with potato masher to form a rough purée. Spread 1 teaspoon avocado-tomatillo salsa and 1 teaspoon black bean purée onto each tortilla chip. Top with 3 pieces diced chicken and garnish with 1 cilantro sprig. Serve immediately.
- Per Servings
- Per Serving (4 tostada bites): 138 cals; 6.5g fat; 15mg cholesterol; 270mg sodium; 13g carbs; 3.4g fiber; 8.8g protein
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PenForHire and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken, black bean and avocado tostada bites Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers