Chicken-Benedict Bagel Sandwiches
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus*
- 1 (0.9-ounce) envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 8 Canadian bacon slices
- 4 bagels, sliced and toasted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Place chicken breast halves and half of dressing in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and chill 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus; remove scales with a vegetable peeler, if desired. Place asparagus and remaining dressing in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and chill 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions, and set aside.
- Remove chicken and asparagus from dressing, discarding dressing.
- Cook chicken, asparagus, and Canadian bacon, without grill lid, over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°) about 5 minutes. Remove asparagus and Canadian bacon, and keep warm. Turn chicken, and cook 5 more minutes or until done. Cut chicken into thin slices, and keep warm.
- Place Canadian bacon on bagels; top evenly with chicken, asparagus, and hollandaise sauce. Sprinkle with cheese, and serve immediately.
- *1 (15-ounce) can asparagus spears, drained, may be substituted; do not grill the asparagus.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches