- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 2/3 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla) or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves (see notes), rinsed
- calories 202
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- protein 30 g
- fat 5.7 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- carbohydrate 6.5 g
- fiber 3.2 g
- sodium 239 mg
- cholesterol 66 mg
How to Make It
Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick strips 2 to 3 inches long.
Place a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat; when hot, add oil, garlic, ginger, chili flakes, and the chicken. Stir often until chicken is no longer pink in the center (cut to test), 3 to 4 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix broth, fish sauce, and cornstarch until smooth. Add to pan and stir until sauce is boiling, about 1 minute. Add basil leaves and stir just until barely wilted, about 30 seconds. Add salt to taste and pour into a serving bowl.