Made this and my family didn't care for. Didn't wow us and there are other recipes that have a better flavored sauce that I have found. Won't make it again.
Chicken and Basil Rice Bowl with Cashews
Fresh basil perfumes the sauce in Chicken and Basil Rice Bowl with Cashews and makes a pretty garnish. You can substitute chopped unsalted peanuts for the cashews as well.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 25 Minutes
- Calories: 413
- Fat: 13.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 25.5g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 445mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup torn basil leaves, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted cashews, chopped
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Fluff rice. Stir in lime rind.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil and sesame oil to pan; swirl to coat. Combine chicken, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper in a bowl; toss to coat. Add chicken mixture to pan; cook 6 minutes or until chicken begins to brown, stirring frequently. Remove chicken from pan. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add broccoli and bell pepper to pan; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, chicken broth, and cornstarch in a bowl. Add chicken mixture and broth mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup basil to pan, stirring until basil wilts. Remove pan from heat; stir in lime juice. Spoon 1/2 cup rice mixture into each of 4 bowls; top each serving with about 1 1/2 cups chicken mixture. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup basil and chopped cashews.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note