Chicken, Basil and Bok Choy Stir-Fry
Have this stir-fry recipe in your back pocket for those nights when only a quick meal will do: Chicken is first marinated with soy, fish sauce and garlic, then quickly sautéed over high heat with chiles, red onion and sturdy bok choy stems. The bok choy's tender leaves, along with fresh lime juice and roughly chopped basil, are tossed in at the end, adding brightness and texture. It's a one-pan meal that sizzles. . . Recipe from the Tasting Table Test Kitchen on tastingtable.com
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Chicken, Basil & Bok Choy
- 1 T fish sauce
- 1-1/2 t low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 t cornstarch
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 2 t canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 fresh red chiles (such as Fresno chiles), thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup thinly sliced bok choy stems
- 1 cup thinly sliced bok choy greens
- 1-1/2 cups roughly chopped fresh basil leaves, divided
- Juice of 1 lime
- To a large bowl, add the fish sauce, soy sauce and cornstarch and whisk until smooth. Add the garlic and chicken, toss to coat and set aside to marinate.
- To a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat, add the oil. Once it starts to shimmer, after about 1 min, add the red onion and chiles; cook until the red onions brown around the edges, about 2 mins; stir in the bok choy stems; cook for 1 min; add the chicken and cook, stirring often, until the chicken is nearly cooked through, 5-6 mins.
- Stir in the bok choy greens, 1-1/4 cups of the basil leaves and the lime juice. Once the greens are wilted, transfer the stir-fry to a platter; sprinkle with the remaining basil leaves and serve.
- Calories per Serving: 150; Sodium: 500mg; Total Carbohydrate: 8g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 22g; Fat: 4g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NanaElaine and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note