Recipe truly allows the chicken flavor to come through without covering it up with strong seasonings or sauces. With these changes, it was excellent: Add 1T herbes de Provence and 1.5t salt to the marinade (pluses up the herbs a little). Bake in a covered roasting pan at 365F for one hour (yields very tender chicken) Serve with the roasted onions from the marinade. Good, solid chicken recipe. Will make again. Leftover chicken great cold on salad!
Chicken Baked in White Wine Marinade
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 184
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 33.2g
- Carbohydrate: 2.1g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 377mg
- Calcium: 24mg
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 (8-ounce) bone-in chicken breast halves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 3. Place the chicken, skin side up, in an 11 x 7–inch baking dish. Pour marinade over chicken. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 40 minutes or until done. Transfer chicken to a platter. Discard skin, bay leaf, and marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- Wine note: Chicken breasts such as these have a delicate flavor and work best with light wines. In summer, serve them with a cold pinot grigio, which is generally made without oak and is lighter and fresher than chardonnay. Try the snappy Tamás Estates Pinot Grigio from Monterey County, California and Livermore Valley. The 2006 is $12. —Karen MacNeil
Note: Bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts stay moist and succulent; the skin is discarded after baking. For the prettiest presentation, remove meat from the bones, and slice thinly across the grain.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note