BLAH... I had high hopes for this recipe. Very bland. Watery. Don't waste your time.
Chicken Baked in Coconut-Curry Sauce
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 278
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 41.7g
- Carbohydrate: 8.4g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 523mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow squash (about 2 small)
- 1 cup 1/4-inch-thick red bell pepper strips (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup diagonally cut green onions
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Place chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound each piece to an even thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over both sides of chicken.
- Fold 4 (16 x 12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil in half crosswise. Open foil; layer 1/2 cup zucchini, 1/4 cup squash, 1/4 cup bell pepper, 2 tablespoons green onions, and 1 chicken breast half on half of each foil sheet. Spoon 3 tablespoons of coconut milk mixture over each serving. Fold foil over chicken and vegetables; tightly seal edges.
- Place packets on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 22 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Place on plates. Unfold packets carefully, and sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon cilantro. Garnish with lime wedges. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This