Satay is an Indonesian version of kabobs: thinly sliced marinated meat grilled on a skewer and served with peanut sauce.
Southern Living DECEMBER 2012
1. Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet. Cut chicken into 16 to 20 (1-inch) strips.
2. Combine soy sauce and next 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add chicken, turning to coat. Seal and chill 45 minutes, turning once.
3. Meanwhile, soak skewers in water 30 minutes; drain.
4. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread 1 bacon piece and 1 chicken strip onto each skewer.
5. Grill skewers, covered with grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Serve skewers with Peanut Sauce.
Go to full version of