Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- 4 skinned and boned chicken thighs (about 1 lb.)
- 1/2 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sake
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 16 to 20 (4-inch) wooden skewers
- 8 to 10 fully-cooked bacon slices, cut in half crosswise
- Peanut Sauce
- Garnish: thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet. Cut chicken into 16 to 20 (1-inch) strips.
- 2. Combine soy sauce and next 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add chicken, turning to coat. Seal and chill 45 minutes, turning once.
- 3. Meanwhile, soak skewers in water 30 minutes; drain.
- 4. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread 1 bacon piece and 1 chicken strip onto each skewer.
- 5. Grill skewers, covered with grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Serve skewers with Peanut Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This