- 4 skinned and boned chicken thighs (about 1 lb.)
- 1/2 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sake
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 16 to 20 (4-inch) wooden skewers
- 8 to 10 fully-cooked bacon slices, cut in half crosswise
- Peanut Sauce
- Garnish: thinly sliced green onions
How to Make It
Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet. Cut chicken into 16 to 20 (1-inch) strips.
Combine soy sauce and next 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add chicken, turning to coat. Seal and chill 45 minutes, turning once.
Meanwhile, soak skewers in water 30 minutes; drain.
Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread 1 bacon piece and 1 chicken strip onto each skewer.
Grill skewers, covered with grill lid, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Serve skewers with Peanut Sauce.