I made slight changes to the recipe and loved it. I ommitted the roasted red peppers and replced them with a couple of leaves of basil per sandwich. I also took a tablespoon or two of the required mayonaise and mixed it with the blue cheese. That way the blue cheese was easy to spread and didn't fall out of the sandwich.
Chicken, Bacon, and Blue-Cheese Sandwiches
Leo Gong, Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 516
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 6.6g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sodium: 997mg
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 8 slices crusty white bread, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup roquefort or other soft blue cheese, at room temperature
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce (thick stem ends removed)
- 8 to 10 oz. meat from 1 whole rotisserie chicken, sliced
- 8 jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/2 avocado, cut into 12 thin slices
- 1. In a medium frying pan over medium-low heat, cook bacon, turning often, until just crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, Worcestershire, mustard, and garlic. Spread this mixture on 4 toast pieces. On each of the remaining 4 toasts, spread about 1 tbsp. blue cheese.
- 3. Layer each blue cheese–topped toast with a piece of lettuce, 1/4 of the chicken slices, 2 red peppers, 3 slices avocado, and a slice of bacon. Top each with a mayonnaise-spread toast. Cut sandwiches in half and skewer each half with a toothpick to help hold it together.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This