- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 8 slices crusty white bread, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup roquefort or other soft blue cheese, at room temperature
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce (thick stem ends removed)
- 8 to 10 oz. meat from 1 whole rotisserie chicken, sliced
- 8 jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/2 avocado, cut into 12 thin slices
- calories 516
- caloriesfromfat 47 %
- protein 30 g
- fat 27 g
- satfat 6.6 g
- carbohydrate 40 g
- fiber 2.8 g
- sodium 997 mg
- cholesterol 79 mg
How to Make It
In a medium frying pan over medium-low heat, cook bacon, turning often, until just crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, Worcestershire, mustard, and garlic. Spread this mixture on 4 toast pieces. On each of the remaining 4 toasts, spread about 1 tbsp. blue cheese.
Layer each blue cheese–topped toast with a piece of lettuce, 1/4 of the chicken slices, 2 red peppers, 3 slices avocado, and a slice of bacon. Top each with a mayonnaise-spread toast. Cut sandwiches in half and skewer each half with a toothpick to help hold it together.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.