Chicken, Bacon & Artichoke Pasta with Creamy Garlic Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 12 ounce(s) penne pasta dry
- 1/4 pound(s) bacon 4 slices, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1 pound(s) chicken breasts chopped
- 1 can(s) quartered artichoke hearts drained & chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) sun-dried tomatoes julienned
- 5 ounce(s) spinach
- For the Creamy Garlic Sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1.5 cup(s) milk
- 1.5 cup(s) chicken broth
- salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) parmesean cheese grated
- 2 teaspoon(s) italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water until al dente. Drain then set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate then discard all but 1 teaspoon bacon grease. Add chicken to the skillet then season with salt and pepper and saute until no longer pink. Add artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes then saute until warmed through, 3-4 minutes. Add spinach then flip with tongs until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt butter in extra virgin olive oil in a skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic then saute for 30 seconds. Sprinkle in flour then whisk until smooth and cook for 1 minute. Slowly stream in milk and chicken broth, whisking to avoid lumps. Season with salt and pepper then switch to a wooden spoon and stir until thick and bubbly, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat then stir in parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Combine pasta, chicken and artichoke mixture, sauce, and bacon then scoop and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken, Bacon & Artichoke Pasta with Creamy Garlic Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes