- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 cups torn butter lettuce
- 2 ounces grilled chicken breast
- 1/4 cup shaved baby carrot
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced peeled avocado
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry-roasted peanuts
- calories 363
- fat 24.7 g
- satfat 3.8 g
- protein 24 g
- sodium 194 mg
How to Make It
To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Reserve 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Refrigerate remaining vinaigrette in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
To prepare salad, combine lettuce, chicken, carrot, onion, and avocado on a plate; sprinkle with peanuts. Add 1 tablespoon vinaigrette; toss well.
Top Tips for Tossing Sprinkle Lightly: Crumbly cheeses (100 calories per ounce), chopped nuts (50 calories per tablespoon), bacon (25 calories per slice), and dried fruits (25 calories per tablespoon) are tasty but calorie-dense. Add these at the end. Plate It: Serve your salad on a plate to keep all those tasty (and heavy) toppings from collecting in the bottom, as they might in a bowl. Dress with Less: A little of our dressing goes a long way. Start with 1 tablespoon; toss well. If the greens still seem dry, add more 1 teaspoon at a time.