Messy but yummy! Omitted the mustard (just sounded weird to me) and added some leftover blue cheese crumbles we had lying around. Love the avocado-bacon mixture!
Chicken-Avocado Club Sandwiches
Chicken-Avocado Club Sandwiches deliver 3 layers of satisfying flavor and goodness in each bite.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 50 Minutes
- Calories: 404
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Sodium: 561mg
- 12 slices toasted thin wheat bread
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup mashed avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 16 plum tomato slices
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Heat cooking spray in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and salt. Sauté 3 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 10 minutes. Slice chicken; toss with garlic.
- 2. Combine avocado, lime juice, mayonnaise, and bacon. Divide avocado mixture evenly among 8 bread slices. Spread 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard over 1 side of remaining 4 bread slices. Top each mustard-topped bread slice with 1 Bibb lettuce leaf and 2 plum tomato slices; sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Divide half of chicken among sandwiches; top each with 1 avocado-topped bread slice. Repeat layers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note