I had fejita chicken strips. I followed the recipe otherwise. The recipis simple, and inspiring. A good base recipe to build on. I definitely recommend trying it.
Chicken and Asparagus in White Wine Sauce
This tasty chicken and asparagus with white wine sauce is easy enough for a weeknight dinner but impressive enough for company.
This recipe works equally well with green beans or haricots verts in place of asparagus.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 289
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 43g
- Carbohydrate: 10.5g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 114mg
- Iron: 4.3mg
- Sodium: 648mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle chicken breasts evenly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place flour in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add wine, broth, and garlic to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 2 minutes. Add asparagus; cover and cook 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and juice. Serve asparagus and sauce with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This