made 1 with peper jakc n 1 with monterrey jack n a little heavy on the cheese n they were delicious!!!
Chicken & Asparagus Quiche
A Chicken & Asparagus Quiche is a protein-packed option for breakfast or dinner.
Yield: Makes 2 quiches; each serves 4 to 6
- 2 9-inch pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Place pie crusts in two 9" pie plates; bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic, onion and asparagus for 5 to 7 minutes, until asparagus is crisp-tender. With a slotted spoon, remove vegetables from skillet, leaving as much of the butter mixture as possible. Add chicken to skillet; sauté for 7 to 8 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Remove skillet from heat. In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients except cheeses. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese in each pie crust. Layer half the chicken in each crust, followed by half the veggies and half the egg mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note