made 1 with peper jakc n 1 with monterrey jack n a little heavy on the cheese n they were delicious!!!
Chicken & Asparagus Quiche
- 2 9-inch pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Place pie crusts in two 9" pie plates; bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic, onion and asparagus for 5 to 7 minutes, until asparagus is crisp-tender. With a slotted spoon, remove vegetables from skillet, leaving as much of the butter mixture as possible. Add chicken to skillet; sauté for 7 to 8 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Remove skillet from heat. In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients except cheeses. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese in each pie crust. Layer half the chicken in each crust, followed by half the veggies and half the egg mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch